What We Do
The CHCO Council is the principal interagency forum to advise and coordinate the activities of the agencies of its members on such matters as modernization of human resources systems, improved quality of human resources information and legislation affecting human resources operations and organizations.
The CHCO Council shall perform functions that include the following:
- Inform and coordinate the activities of its member agencies on such matters as modernization of human resources systems and practices, improved quality of human resources information, and legislation affecting human resources management operations and organizations.
- At the request of the Chair, the Council may provide views to Office of Personnel Management (OPM), the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and agency leaders on human capital strategies and policies, as well as on the assessment of human capital management in Federal agencies.
- Identify and share promising practices with CHCOs and other officials with similar responsibilities in fulfilling their individual responsibilities in an effort to:
- promote a culture of continuous human capital learning and high performance;
- embrace strategies, policies, and processes to develop and support a modernized federal workforce and workplace;
- support consistency in the implementation of the law governing the Federal civil service; and
- support agency leaders in carrying out their responsibilities for selecting, developing, training, and managing a diverse, inclusive, high-quality, productive workforce in accordance with merit system principles.